Celebrate Christmas this year with a dinner of Yummy Roast Leg Lamb! The only Meat which is attracted by most of the people. I’m here with the easiest procedure of leg lamb. Roast it, and Serve it! Lamb has won with wonderful flavors Dish will probably get ready in 1 hr. Be patient. A pinkish color will justify if the meat is cooked well or not. Christmas means a feast for a family. Its an all-time favorite dish of everyone. Dinner with a leg of lamb will always be the best choice for anyone.
Here now I’m going to tell you how to make Yummy Roast Leg Lamb.
The most important thing about cooking lamb roast is not to overcook it.
Before we get started, let me tell you- yummy leg lamb is an easiest, foolproof cut of meat to cook, and it rewards you with a tender, flavorful meal.
There are many different varieties of dishes you can make with the leg of lamb, I have just suggested the best one for you i.e. tasty Roast Leg Of Lamb.
List Of Various Leg Lamb Dishes
- Roasted Potatoes, Fennel & Radishes with Lemon Brown Butter Sauce
- Golden Quinoa Salad with Lemon, Dill & Avocado
- Parker House Rolls
- Red Cabbage Slaw with Hazelnuts and Lemon
- Hasselback Potatoes
- Smoky Creamed Kale
- Greek-Style Braised Green Beans
- Spinach Salad with Warm Brown Butter Dressing
- Asparagus Ribbon Salad
- Couscous Salad with Cucumbers, Red Onions & Herbs
How to Roast A Leg Of Lamb
What You Need
- 1 leg of lamb from ½ to 2 kilos,
- 6 cloves of garlic peeled and cut into 4 slices lengthways,
- 2-3 sprigs of rosemary,
- 6 tbsp of olive oil,
- 2 tbsp of wholegrain mustard,
- Freshly ground black paper and salt
You will also need following utensils
- Roasting tray
- Small sharp knife
- Preheat the oven to 2500c
- Rub the leg of lamb with mustard and season it with salt and paper
- Make incisions in the lamb with the small knife. Then put the garlic and rosemary inside the incisions
- Place the lamb onto the roasting tray and drizzle some oil over the top and place on a roasting rack.
- Place the roasting tray in the oven and cook for 1 hr. After about 30 mins lower the temperature to 200 degrees for another 30 mins.
- After the cooking time check that the meat is cooked. The best way is to stick a knife into the thick part of the leg.
A cooked meat should be of pinkish color.
Leave the meat to rest for 15 mins.
Then carve and serve with roast potatoes.
Mix the veg potatoes in the roasting pan coating them with all the juices, then carve, serve and enjoy!
In this way, we are ready with our delicious Roast leg Lamb
You need to know how the food we eat, affects our health. So that we can enjoy it more. One gets calories up to- 200, fat- 13 g, carbs- 1 g, protein- 20 g. Healthy enough! Calories, Proteins are gained in a proper amount essential for our health and fitness.
Go with this heavy leg lamb dish and some light dishes that perfectly go with the leg lamb dish. Some simple dishes which will add its majestic flavor to dinner with Leg Lamb.
I think, Roasted potatoes with rosemary and black pepper will complete your dish. Potatoes have always been the first choice all the time. So why not try with lamb? And yes do select some lightweight dishes with the heavy lamb dish. After heavy dinner of lamb, it’s always better to have some light dish.
And Peas and crispy Pancetta complete each other and can go brilliantly with lamb. Add some garlic to it. It will be perfect for a side dish with lamb. Its healthy and much light, good for health. Also, Courgettes is the better choice with lamb. Courgettes on roasting go more flavorful and by adding lemon to Courgettes will take you to an another World. Or simply you can go with glazed carrots, delicious steamed will be best served with butter.