Mumbai isn’t only the city of dreams, in addition to it, it’s the center point of road street food, where each niche and the corner offers the array of food that suits our palate and wallet. With time and with the advent of other communities Maharashtrian most famous street food Vada Pav has great influence over everything. Things like Potatoes, Pav, chili are easily available for everyone, so let’s have look on The Most Famous Indian Recipe!
The Indian Burger!
Maharashtrian’s special street food with an excellent taste, the world famous Mumbai Vada Pav & the most famous Indian Recipe.
How To Make Mumbai Vada Pav
- Medium Size Potatoes – 4(Boiled)
- Bread- 1 Pack
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 2Tbs
- Mustard Seed -2tbs
- Coriander Seed-2tbs
- Turmeric Powder-2tbsp
- Cumin Seed -2tbsp
- Curry leaves-10 to 12
- Chilli Powder-2 tbsp
- Green Chilli – 2 to 3(Chopped)
- Green Chilli – 4 to 5 (For Frying)
- Coriander leaves- ½ cup(Chopped)
- Gram flour-1cup(250gm)
- Corn Flour- ½ cup
- Baking Soda- ½ tbsp
- Oil For –As Per needed
- Salt-As per taste
- Water- As per Needed
- Smash the Boiled potatoes by using the smasher. Take a pan to be hot and add 2 tbsp oil to the pan.
- After oil heat add 1tbsp mustard seed into it, After it, fry add 1tbs cumin seed, Fry both on medium Flame.
- Then Add Ginger Garlic Paste and chopped Green chili, Mix it well and add Curry Leaves And 1 tbsp Turmeric powder to the pan.
- Fry all them about 1 minute on medium flame. After that switch off the flame. This ready masala is then added to our mashed potatoes with salt as per your taste and Coriander leaves and Mix it well.
- Lets we start to prepare our batter. Take 150 Gm Gram Flour into a bowl and 50 gm corn flour, Add ½ tbsp baking soda, Salt as per taste and ½ turmeric powder. Mix them well.
- Then Add water and make them a thick batter. Add little water at a time. Make sure the consistency of the batter is perfect.
- Take our potato masala and make a ball of it.
- Take a pan and add oil to deep fry our vada. After oil is heat enough then take our ball put it in our batter and Deep weel that batter is applied on all side of the ball at the equal layer. And then add balls to the hot oil. Fry our vada on medium flame until it becomes golden brown.
- Then Fry our Green chilly up to 1 minute on medium flame and sprinkle salt on it.
- Then serve our vada pav with pav, Green chili, and Red Chilli Powder.
Communal Love For Street Food
Indians have a communal love for Vada pav and it’s one common element despite the fact from a different city. But what’s so surprising thing about it? It’s that the visitors when coming to India they will never return without tasting the famous Indian Vada pav.
Vada pav is an extremely popular vegetarian dish all across India, also loved by many people around the world. One of the fast food sold on sidewalks, and even in restaurants. Cheap, hot, filling and in comparison to all other dishes this in top ranks.
Well, apart from the all this; Vada pav is called as the struggler’s lifeline! It costs just Rs. 10
Especially famous in Mumbai. Most of the people eat daily. It’s like their breakfast at early morning, at the start of their journey and also it is dinner for many people, specially strugglers. Even though Mumbai is the Financial capital of India, it is also a home to Bollywood film industry and home to people from all over the world. Mumbai is the dream city for many more people. And it is considered that you develop much faster in this city. So many youngsters run after their education to complete their dreams. And… vada pav is the most suitable eating for these strugglers pocket. And I think this is the main reason why it is more famous in Mumbai, instead, I would love to say famous all over the world.
“Big Things Often Have Small Beginning” –the best sentence to dedicate to the most famous vada pav, I think this is the reward for Vada Pav. Thank you for feeding all those and keep them moving…