How to get rid of chapped lips?
Weather and a bad habit of lip licking are common of the reasons why your lips are cracked. This part of the body doesn’t have oil glands so that lips becomes unmoisturized i.e dry during cold. Cold give lips bad look making them dry and chapped. Just because of this reason we use lip balm. However, it is better to stop using readymade lip balms easily available in stores, instead, start using a product from nature- coconut oil, almond oil, rose petals, etc. This contains minerals that hydrate our lips and cure the dryness, making our lips soft and smooth. Chapped Lips Home Remedies are discussed here.
Chapped or dry lips are one of the most common problems, especially in winters that can make people feel pain and look less attractive. If you are suffering from the symptoms like flaking, cracking, redness, dryness or sore lips, you should read this Chapped Lips Remedies and apply the natural home remedies to get rid of chapped lips. To get chapped lips soft and shiny smile. Being traditional and using home remedies will not only help curing chapped lips but also helps to reduce belly fats, hair nourishing, and more. Avoid use of lip balm. And go for almond oil, rose petals.
There are lots of homemade remedies for dry and chapped lips. Let’s see some of them.
- Mix one teaspoon of sea salt and one teaspoon of coconut oil
- Apply the mixture to your lips make small circular motions using your fingers.
- Do this for about a minute. After that wash lips gently with a cloth and pats your lips dry.
- Prepare your own lip balm at home by mixing 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and ¾th of honey.
- Store the resulted mixture in a small container with laid.
- Use it throughout the day.
#Honey & Vaseline
- Honey has wonderfully antibacterial properties and which is one of nature’s best healing agents and also humectants. Vaseline or petroleum jelly mostly used by many people to soften and nourish the skin and prevent it from drying.
- Apply one layer of honey on the lips.
- Apply one layer of Vaseline on top of this honey layer.
- Leave these approximately for 10-15 minutes.
- Use a damp tissue or damp cloth to wipe it off.
- Repeat this process every day for about a week for lasting results.
- Rose petals have skin nourishing properties as they contain rich vitamin E.
- They also help to retain the natural color of your lips. Soke 5-6 rose petals in half cup of milk for 2-3 hours.
- Gently mash the petals in a milk to get a paste.
- Apply this paste on your lips and keep it on for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
- Do this for every day for a week or so.
- This is a cool vegetable becomes your best friend in summer, so utilize it to treat dry and chapped lips. Cucumber is an excellent hydrating agent for the skin.
- Rub the cucumber slice gently on your lips for a minute or two.
- Leave the cucumber juice on for 10 minutes and then wash your lips.
- You can also mash 1-2 cucumber slices and apply this as a mask on your lips.
- Apply cucumber to your lips once or twice every day.
- Almond oil is hypoallergenic moisturizer that is used as a remedy for dry lips.
- It also contains free radical fighters vitamins A & E.
- Just gently apply to your lips to rehydrate them.
- Almond oil is also a good remedy for dry and damaged hair.
- Aloe vera contains natural ingredients that soothe the chapped skin and gently remove the dead layer of skin cells. It helps to straighten the thin protective layer of skin on the lips and also provides a cooling effect.
- Cut the aloe leaf sideways and scoop out the gel.
- Apply the gel on your lips and leave it on overnight.
- Apply aloe vera gel to the lips regularly before going to bed.
- Lemon juice is an effective treatment for dark and chapped lips.
- Mix one teaspoon lemon juice, one teaspoon honey, half teaspoon castor oil in a cup.
- Apply as a mask on your lips.keep it on about 10 minutes and then rinse with a cold water.
- Repeat this procedure daily for 7-10 days.
#Rose water & Honey
- Take one tablespoon of rose water.
- Add one tablespoon of honey in it.
- And apply it throughout the day.